Monday, October 20, 2008

Words to live by





I have been overwhelmed lately by the state of our country and the world … I keep thinking of my own scripture study and what I know from the book of Mormon that In times when they were blessed with great prosperity and wealth, they forgot the Lord. Then when they fell to bad habits which led some to wickedness and placed many in peril, the righteous would turn/return to the Lord in their humbler circumstances. It's a cycle of prosperity and wickedness we see repeated over and over again in the scriptures and now again in our day.
I worry too much I know, and I have blogged before that I am the worry Diva of all time, but it scares me to think of all the goings on that are going on. Families are being redefined … some of our own are leaving the flock because they want the doctrine to be different than it is. I’m worried that the change that is being bellered from the highest political platforms are changes that are not yet being defined. I’m all for change that makes a positive difference …I know that the state we are in now as a country needs change … changes are necessary and can be good ... but change scares me, there are certain changes that the country wants that just freak me out!
My blog is not a place for a political forum … My point for this blog is that we are on a downward spiral as a people in general … there is much good …but there is much pride and many who wish to redefine what is good and righteous to fit their own personal agenda. There are no gray area’s! I believe the Lord has marked the path and lead the way precisely in the direction that we need to follow. I am beginning to understand more and more what that “great and dreadful day” of the Lord’s coming means. The “straight and narrow” has no fork in the road, it does not bend … it truly is what it is … the straight and narrow. I pray that I will always have the strength and the spiritual insight to stay on that straight and narrow.

We are are living in our own Zarahemla ... and the Gadianton robbers are in the shadows of where we are ...right now!

I found the following words by mother Teresa very powerful:

“People are often unreasonable and self centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, People may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
--Mother Teresa

1 comment:

mintifresh said...

Words to live by indeed! I feel the same way you do, very worried and i want to do what I can to fight it...it doesn't seem like there is much we can do but I love the quote from Mother Teresa! So true!!!