Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas questionare



Christmas Questionnaire

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate ...egg nog is ookie! .
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped ...!!!!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love to look at houses with all kinds of lights! multi colored are my favorite I think! White ones are pretty on more elegant trees! I have a fiber optic tree that over heats, so I can't leave it on too long, but it's multi colored. I love outside lights, but I live vicariously through my neighbors and friends, because, well let's face it, I fall down going to the bathroom!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but it would be fun to have it hung. No, I have no-one to kiss under it so therefore, it would not fill the measure of it's creation if it lived at my house! (Sad but true)


5. When do you put up your decorations? Week end after Thanksgiving as a rule, however, if you get called to be the activities committe chairman and freak out 'til after the ward Christmas party, it will put a delay in the home decorations! So, this year it wasn't until Dec 7th
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I love cheese Balls!! I love food ...so this question is loaded! I'll take one of each ... minus the coconut ... add some gravy!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Santa would come and see us in the flesh on Christmas Eve (my uncle Ken) I can't even think of those precious memories without getting teary eyed!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth??? I don't understand the question ... Santa is ... Santa Was ... and Santa will always be! And that's the truth!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? As a kid we could open one presant and it was always pajamas! My sister carried on that tradition with her kids, I spend Christmas eve with them and wake up on Christmas morning with them, I always have ... they have another tradition ...they open gifts from each other on Christmas eve so that those gifts don't get lost in the shuffle on Christmas day. .
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? one decoration at a time! :o) I change up quite often ... I have done Halmark collectables, all hearts, plastic canvas snow flakes and snow men, angels and this year it is stars!...I have a thing for stars lately!
12. Can you ice skate? Are you kidding??? I can barely walk!!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My sister gave me a picture frame that had sayings about sisters etched in it and a picture of us as babies ... she was 2, and I was 1. I cried when I opened it up!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I love all the homemade candy and cookies! Especially fudge, chocolate covered pretzels and caramels.
16.. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I do the 12 days of Christmas for a neighbor! Fun stuff!!
17. What tops your tree? A Star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both of course! I'll never turn down a gift :o) I love giving though, It warms my heart when I find something perfect for someone I love! I also like to sub for santa ... this year I bought one presant each for a needy family in my ward! I loved doing that!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Serious song: "Mary Did Ya Know" or "What Child Is This" silly song ... this year it would have to be "Gramma got Run Over by A Reindeer" ... I've gotten alot of milage out of that song this year!

20. Candy Canes? Yum ... I'll take one!
21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? yes! In this world that is becoming ever darker with hopelessness and dispair we need to remember why we celebrate this day ... too many people forget or don't care at all.

"For Unto Us is born this day

In the city of David, A Savior

who is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11

Remember:

A Baby changes everything!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I loved this post. I might steal it for mine, if I get the time. I still need to write about the ward christmas party....and the song!