Thursday, December 4, 2008

HO! HO! HO!


It's Christmas! Yea! I have been wondering if I should post the words of the funny song I wrote....psych! not yet! Instead I will post a Christmas poem I wrote!

The Gift
 Jana Jeppson 2007

The desert hills were quiet
Outside of Bethlehem.
The night had fallen gently
All across the land.

A brilliant star shown in the sky
To mark the destiny
Of all who chose to follow it,
The Christ Child they would see.

His palace was a stable,
His throne a manger, crude.
Yes, His first bed was just a box
Meant for donkey food.

But yet the joy was evident,
A sweet peace filled the air.
For Christ the King was born to all
In the lowly stable there!

The prophets wise had long foretold
The coming of this King.
They preached of all His glory
And the love that He would bring!

His life would be a gift to us,
The Son Of God above,
Would suffer and then die for us
Showing perfect love!

Now when I walk upon life’s path’s,
And it’s dark and I can’t see,
I feel His gentle beckoning,
“My child, come follow me!
For I will take you by the hand
And guide your journey home.
With me, my child, I promise you,
You’ll never be alone.

Glory, hallelujah!
I praise his holy name!
For since His love has
filled my heart,
I’ve never been the same!

2 comments:

mintifresh said...

You are so talented I love that poem!

Katherine * Ailao * Spencer said...

Is that the funny Song I know about? Put it in there!