Monday, January 5, 2009

I'll be happy when ...


Have you ever made that statement? I'll be happy when ... I'm thinner,when I'm married, when I have a baby, when I own my house, when I get a new car. I have made similar statements a million times ... but I am learning that happiness isn't something that you can chase. It is something that is already inside you. I bury it ... constantly with life's worries and unfulfullied dreams.

My New years resolution ... to find happiness in the now! To be at peace with where I am! To find joy in the moment! I read a thought by Eckhart Tolle that really caused me to think, "Accept the present moment and find the perfection that is untouched by time."

My goal is to find the happiness within and celebrate that happiness all year long!

I recently read a thought:


"Being successful in life is not what really matters. Being significant in life is really the core root of what matters."


I also want to be significant ... I want to know what I am doing makes a difference. I believe that even something as simple as your attitude can make a significant difference in a day! It is my desire to be significant!


I challenge each of you readers to find the happiness within you and join in the celebration!


Happy New Year!

2 comments:

mintifresh said...

You are significant to me! Whenever I am around you I am smiling and laughing, so Thanks for being apart of my life!

Melissa said...

I love it! Sounds like a great new year's resolution to me. I'm going to do that too. Thanks.