Saturday, March 14, 2009

Personal ministry


I have been reading Sheri Dew's newest book, "Saying It Like It Is". She Has got some great quotables in there! Here is one of my favorites:

"Those who think of life as a personal ministry tend to be less lonely, less likely to feel that life has spun out of control, more inclined to have a gentle heart, more filled with purpose. "

I have had moments recently of thinking that my life has spun out of control, so, this quote is very meaningful to me. We all have a personal responsibility to figure out where it is we stand and then stand firm there. "Steadfast and Immoveable" is a phrase from the scriptures that has made me really stop and think about where I am in these perilous times. We live in times that are spinning out of control but we need not be spinning as well! I have a firm testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ! I know that it is my choice to stand firm! I want to be on Gods right hand! I want to be recognized as one who stands with Him! I want to be a builder of His kingdom! There is another quote I just loved:

"Holiness means walking away from the philosophies of man. It means looking to prophets for spiritual counsel, not celebrities or experts, who may be appealing but who all come packing personal motives and an arsenal of half-truths. It is deadly to take counsel from anyone whose primary motive is to build his or her own kingdom."


I was recently listening to a video on youtube and I thought it was deeply profound ...listen ...this is good stuff!






No comments: