Monday, November 2, 2009

The Blessing ...


written by me Janalea 11/2/09

I bow my head
feeling weight upon my shoulders ...
the heavy burden of life.

I try to count the blessings
so abundant in my life
Why do I allow the burdens
to make me dizzy and nauseous?

The tears freely flow ...
I have to get through this.
So much ...
too much...
I will never be enough.

And so I take my burden to His feet,
by speaking with
the one who holds His power.
He places hands upon my head
and I am blessed.

I must trust in faith
and know the weight
I carry will be lifted
by the power of the one
who is enough.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful! (As always).

Cindy Lou Who said...

Jana, I know this has been one of the hardest years for you to live through...what a blessing that you are so talented to be able to write and share your life with others. May you be blessed with the peace your soul needs and may your mind have the clarity it needs for the decisions that need to be made on this road we call life! You are loved!

Jenny Larsen said...

Wow Jana, absolutely beautiful! You are so very talented.