Monday, January 11, 2010

Faith Points to The Future ...


Elder Holland had a great article in the January Ensign! Filled with a message that I really needed to hear.

Sometimes I think we get so hung up in the past that we distort what is important right here, right now. Don't live in regret! Move forward and don't waste your time with what if's and, although it's nice to "remember when" occasionally, Sometimes the memories we live over and over again are of frustration... pain and regret. Don't live in those memories. That time is gone.


Some of the best lessons life has taught me is that:


1) Faith points to the future.

2) Forgive and forget ... forgive yourself as well as others. An unforgiving heart will surely stunt your growth because it leaves you stagnet in life.

3) The best is yet to be ... with that mindset alone, you will be destine to continue moving forward!


Elder Holland said:

"Sometimes I wonder: Is there any future for me? What does my new/old job hold for me? Will I be safe? Will life be sound? Can I trust in the Lord and in the future? Or would it be better to look back, to go back, to stay in the past?
To all such of every generation, I call out, “Remember Lot’s wife.” Faith is for the future. Faith builds on the past but never longs to stay there. Faith trusts that God has great things in store for each of us and that Christ truly is the “high priest of good things to come” (Hebrews 9:11).
Keep your eyes on your dreams, however distant and far away. Live to see the miracles of repentance and forgiveness, of trust and divine love that will transform your life today, tomorrow, and forever."


wise words ... They have certainly been words that I needed to hear to start the new year! I hope they help you too!


Philippians 3:13

"... but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before..."

1 comment:

Karalee said...

Jana, This article has been a real strength to me these past few weeks. Brett shared it for our FHE last week and then I wrote talk based on the principles for stake conference.

It's amazing to me how much our Heavenly Father and Savior loves us. They are more concerned with what we are willing to become with their help. I am grateful for a stronger testimony of the Atonement and how it is for the here and now and not just for judgement day. Thanks for sharing what you did.