Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Just thinking ...





I have felt an overwhelming loneliness over the past few days ... I don't know why ... maybe it's all the hate that I see on TV ...maybe it's that my life challenged eternal companion is very absent in my life ...and I really need him right now ... maybe it's that It's the end of the year and I always struggle with coming to terms with all those things I thought I would accomplish and didn't ... a friend of mine sent me a copy of a talk given by Elder Holland at a BYU devotional. I found comfort there and I thought I would share:
1) Everyone faces trying times and there are times when we all feel abandoned ... the following scripture illustrates that better than I ever could.
"O God, where art thou? And where is the pavilion that covereth thy hiding place?" D&C 121:1

Elder Holland said;
"We must not succumb to the fear that God has abandoned us or that He does not hear our prayers. He does hear us. He does see us. He does love us. When we are in dire circumstances and want to cry “Where art Thou?” it is imperative that we remember He is right there with us—where He has always been! We must continue to believe, continue to have faith, continue to pray and plead with heaven, even if we feel for a time our prayers are not heard and that God has somehow gone away. He is there. Our prayers are heard. And when we weep He and the angels of heaven weep with us."

He is my Father, I am his child ... I truly have a testimony of that!
It's nice to know that bad days come to an end and faith will always prevail ...and hope ... without faith there is no hope and hope will take me to a better tomorrow!

“Hold on thy way. . . . Fear not . . . ,for God shall be with you forever and ever” (D&C 122:9).

3 comments:

The Whittacres said...

Hugs

Melissa said...

You always have a way of saying the perfect thing that I need. Thank you.

Katherine * Ailao * Spencer said...

Love ya!