Monday, February 9, 2009

Little Boy

this is ny nephew at age 3 ... the last time I saw him ...


I am not going to blog about this extensively yet ... I don't want to invade my nephew's privacy ... but after 23 years I have been able to talk to my nephew on Facebook!


I wrote a poem years ago about him and I will post it here:

LITTLE BOY
written by Janalea Jeppson 1985
My brother's son
His mother's one
Together they are
just too young
for such a little boy.

At night I held him
close to me,
And sang a lullaby …
Two or three.
And kissed away
The tears in baby's eyes.

I heard the words
That he first spoke.
He told me his first
knock knock joke.
His voice became a song
that rang inside my heart

Little boy hopes
little boy dreams
Little boy mischief
Little boy schemes.
Sweet little boy
Is joy from God above.

Little boy laughs
Little boy tears
Little boy love
And little boy fears.
Little boy grows
bigger every year.

His mother chose to go one day,
To take the little boy far away.
Auntie's just don't have a say
Of where the little boy goes.

Though his voice is just a memory
Of all the little boy said to me …
His little boy feet
left footprints on my heart.

I will pray for him everyday
From the moment he went away
Auntie's just don't have a say.
Of where the little boy goes.

So Jesus, take my broken heart
Hold it close and never part
And send your spirit down to heal me.

Please bless that little boy as he grows
That part of him will always know
The love I have for him won't go away.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow Jana! Great and touching poem. I am so glad you guys found each other. VERY COOL!!