Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas poem 2009


I write a poem every year for Christmas. My wish for all of you this season is to feel the light of the Savior in your heart always!


My Savior

by Janalea J Jeppson /2009



In a lonely manger faraway,

a tiny babe was born

And with the gifts He brought with Him,

Came a love never known.


How I wish I could’ve been there

To hold his tiny hand,

So I could feel the love He brought

… and maybe understand.



In a land across the sea the babe grew to a man.

He taught the truth to everyone

So they might understand



How I wish I could have been there

To walk and learn with Him

So I could feel His purest love,

And really understand.



Then in the place, Gethsemane,

He suffered every pain for me.

Because of love was crucified,

He suffered great, and then He died.



My testimony feels my soul

of His great Love for me.

His greatest gift for everyone

is to live eternally.



I didn’t need to be there,

It’s He who is with me.

With faith and love,
I know through Him

I’ll finally understand.

1 comment:

mintifresh said...

I've been away from the blogging world for a bit and trying to catch up. Just wanted to tell you how inspiring you are and we love you! Merry Christmas!