Sunday, March 20, 2011

Variety is the spice of life...


My last post was March 6th ... let me fill you in on the happenings of life since then.

First: Egg Explosion!

No, this was not a scene from the new film HOP. I put some eggs on to boil and then promptly began a phone conversation. After a bit I heard a terrible pop...as though someone was firing shots in my kitchen! My house was either under attack or my cat was shooting targets! I hung up my phone conversation with no explanation except an inaudible screech and ran toward the smoke filled room. Just as I entered the kitchen, my very cheap pan burst into flames! Thankfully my kitchen is very small and throwing the pan into the sink and dowsing it with water only slightly burned the hot pad I grabbed the pan with! However, now my house was filled with smoke and a stench that only eggs can emit! ewww! Don't worry, it's either that or cat smell...in any case it offered variety ...

Second: Wet cat

I blogged previously about my sweet cat and her desire to drown her own kitty toys ...resorting to drowning them in the toilet...well, the last time she tried to drown her toy in the toilet she fell in after it!  Poor wet kitty... at least now she operates with caution in the bathroom ... and I err on the side of caution myself by shutting the bathroom door :o)

So there... my life in two paragraphs, not to exciting by the way!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Your post brought a smile to me today....actually it always does. Great blogging! (Sorry about the egg/smoke/popping incident)....that doesn't sound fun! But I love hearing about your funny cat!

The Whittacres said...

LOL! I like...I know you didn't like the stench of burnt rotten eggs and smoke nor a wet drenched cat...but...it was humorous for the rest of us...thanks for the laugh.