Sunday, August 11, 2013

Wait upon the Lord and renew your strength...


8/10/2013 through 8/11/2013 Mosiah chapters 19 - 24;


After Abinadi’s death, Alma repented and taught the gospel of Jesus Christ to others at the Waters of Mormon. 
I think back to my baptism. I was in the Emerson ward in the Sugar House stake. My dad baptised me. I don't think I understood the magnitude or the blessings that would come from my baptism, But I am so grateful! I know I received the Spirit of the Lord with the gift of the Holy Ghost. I learn more everyday what a marvelous gift that is.
"And again, by way of commandment to the church concerning the manner of baptism—All those who humble themselves before God, and desire to be baptized, and come forth with broken hearts and contrite spirits, and witness before the church that they have truly repented of all their sins, and are willing to take upon them the name of Jesus Christ, having a determination to serve him to the end, and truly manifest by their works that they have received of the Spirit of Christ unto the remission of their sins, shall be received by baptism into his church."                 D&C 20:37

In these chapters I have learned or have been reminded of so many wonderful blessings, two big ones are that as we desire to make and keep covenants, the Lord will provide a way for our deliverance from our trials. And that when we submit patiently to the will of the Lord, He will strengthen us and deliver us from our trials in His time.
 I will admit, waiting upon the Lord is sometimes extremely difficult. And "bondage" comes in many forms, The "bondage" I speak of is personal to each one of us. Financial worries, unemployment, life frustration and worries, loneliness, relationship problems,  ... it is as individual as we are. though, as individual as the trial, the promises are universal;

"And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions."             Mosiah  24:14


  • "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

    Isaiah 40:31



No comments: