Saturday, August 17, 2013

I Testify Of Christ




8/12/2013 through 8/17/2013 Mosiah chapters 25-29



 I think my favorite story in these chapters is when Alma the younger and the four sons of Mosiah seek to destroy the Church and an angel appears and commands them to cease their evil course, Alma is struck dumb ... he can't speak or move his limbs because of his great astonishment! I think that someone who truly does not believe would be that astounded if an angel appeared to them and told them to stop being naughty! Good heavens, I believe and I would be astonished as well!!  We learn that all mankind must be born again to gain salvation. What exactly does being born again mean? That was a phrase that stumped me as a young woman so back then it warranted further study. I did know that baptism was necessary, but being born again is more than just baptism. I is total conversion! That which causes a mighty change within us so that we just don't want to do evil.
It's about being clean, with a repentant heart and having a broken heart and a contrite spirit. The broken heart is humility, our contrite spirit is our need for the atonement.

We cannot all have an experience like Alma the younger and the sons of Mosiah ... we must become spiritually born of God in faithfulness and testimony. There are so many voices in the world today that seek to destroy that which we know to be true.  They are loud and constant. It is a day to day "rebirth" in my conversion to silence those voices that helps me to remain faithful and obedient!

"And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually."   - Mosiah 5:2

And so it came to pass that I, Jana, seek to renew my faith daily that I might stand on the right hand of God even unto the day of judgment and be found worthy to be called His daughter. I know that He is my Father, and I know that Jesus is the Christ. He is my Savior and Redeemer. He is my advocate, my brother and my trusted friend. This is my testimony, and I leave it before you this day, in the Name Of Jesus Christ, AMEN.

"Yea, every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess before him. Yea, even at the last day, when all men shall stand to be judged of him, then shall they confess that he is God; then shall they confess, who live without God in the world, that the judgment of an everlasting punishment is just upon them; and they shall quake, and tremble, and shrink beneath the glance of his all-searching eye."
 --Mosiah 27:31


No comments: