Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Challenged;

My friend Susan challenged me to write 30 pages in 30 days. I will admit, it seems a bit frightening but I am up for the challenge:






Day 1:

 Gunnell Marie,

I found a folded picture
That came from years gone by.
It was a copy of a copy of a copy.

You looked angry … or stern
And I was less than interested,
but I kept the picture, because you are a part of my past.

The challenge came to know you.
 and so I started  digging. 
It became a treasure hunt. I looked for pieces of your life in my history,
 and I made phone call after phone call in my treasure quest.
 I wasn't getting very far, 
it seemed too hard, so I gave up. 

You must have known that I was looking.
I felt your spirit tugging at my heart...
I wondered why you cared ...
but I still looked and found 
a history book in the library,
published in 1968 ...

And there like a gem unearthed
I saw your face.
It was the same picture that I had.
You still looked angry ... or stern
but this time the link was real to me.
You touched my heart 
enough that tears welled in my eyes,
and you were mine,
as you had always been.

No comments: