Sunday, September 1, 2013

From The Book of Alma

Alma Chapters 12- 63 ---

Oh my!! I have not written for most of the Book Of Alma! I am sorry! As I have pondered the words I have read, my heart is filled with my testimony of the truth that it contains! One of my favorite scriptures is Alma 40: 23

 The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame."

I love this scripture! I think of my sweet step Father and his bald head or my brother in law who definitely has less hair now, than when I met him and then I smile when I think of this scripture and wonder .... who in eternity is in charge of hair? Is there a committee? ... (don't worry, I am just kidding!) It is very comforting to know that we just don't have to worry about the Resurrection. Heavenly Father won't have any trouble restoring our bodies! If he wants, leaving all my excess poundage behind would be thoughtful ... LOL!

On the same hand, this scripture; Alma 41:10 explains that we cannot have it both ways, darkness cannot be light, wrong cannot be right. The law of the harvest teaches us that we reap what we sew.

"  Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness."

I als0 love Alma 34:41

"But that ye have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions."

Our trials are but a small moment in the scheme  of things ...I find a great deal of Comfort in that.

I learned that through small and simple things, great things shall come to pass. 

I learned about the title of liberty and the 2000 stripling worriers..
and knowing that the spirit will bring me peace and joy.

I am grateful for these scriptures that have brought so much peace in my life! What a gift!

No comments: