Thursday, March 19, 2015

Day 15 .. yes it's true I am still writing!




   I entered my dear friend’s hospital room quietly. I didn't want to wake her, but I needed her to know that I was there and she was not alone. Stage four cancer diagnoses, immediate hysterectomy and scheduled chemo treatments.
 I am always the first one to find humor in any situation. There are times, however, when it is just not funny. I didn't know what I was going to say to her when she woke up. I am the one with the sarcastic wit, and sarcasm seemed to be highly inappropriate concerning this ordeal. So I just sat in the silence, empathetic tears running down my cheeks.


“Ya know,” she said, groggily. (I had no idea she was even awake).
“I was lying here thinking of what you would say to me when you got here,” she continued,
“Then I realized it was you who came in, so I peeked, and you are sitting there crying like a baby …
Lighten up; Jana … the silver lining to this whole situation is that I will never have to buy another pad again!”  She giggled.
“That is not entirely true.” I stated flatly,
“You were heading into menopause anyway, we’re both getting older, your gonna need pads for the “squirts” old ladies get when they laugh too hard … or sneeze! They didn't remove your bladder … just saying…”
She looked up at me and I winked!
 Peals of laughter came next from two nutty old women … with very weak bladders!



No comments: