Thursday, March 5, 2015

Day 8 Writing Challenge: Kindness









It is very easy to get outside of your own head when you serve. It's a wonderful thing to brighten another's day with even the simplest act of kindness. You might think that just being kind is not really service but it is, in its simplest form.  When I think of the kindness shown to me on a regular basis by friends and family, my heart spills over with gratitude! So many have sacrificed so much for me and I feel so blessed. To go along with that spirit of service is one of gratitude. Find gratitude in everything and sing praises to him who made it possible for you! Express your gratitude everyday! To everyone! Wouldn't it be horrible for us all if we woke up tomorrow with only that which we thanked God for today! Don't take it for granted! 


YOUR KINDNESS IS A GIFT
          -poem written by Jana Jeppson

My dear friend
  you walked into my aching heart
  and touched my soul with your love.

Thank you

    I am sure that you could not have known
that what you gave to me made me strong and brave 
for one more day. 

Sometimes the best that you give the world
is not enough on worldly terms ... 
and your kindness reminded me that I am enough
even when the world tells me otherwise.

In life,
 the trials can seem so big and so daunting
but your kindness has given me hope!
What may seem like a simple gesture to you
was huge to me!

and those times when your gesture was grand
I understand the sacrifice and it made me grateful
even more!


I know, dear friend,
    that you heard the spirit whisper sweetly
and you chose to hear it.

And then your love
            so quietly
              touched my soul
                         and lifted me.

Thank you!

No comments: