Saturday, March 7, 2015

Day 10 writing challenge: Where Has the Time gone?

It's amazing to me, how fast time seems to pass. Is the life I am living significant? What is my legacy? When I am gone from this life what will be left of me to mark my mortal existence? Do things like that really matter? Am I fulfilling my mission?  What on earth am I doing for heaven's sake? It's a quandry. I used to think many things I don't really think anymore, like for example, I used to think I would get married and have babies ... I  am too old to be birthin babies! However, I never remember thinking I won't be happy until those things happen. I have always been pretty content with wherever I am in life.  Wanting those things did not make me discontent. I will be honest, however, there are times when being single and alone has gotten stale and old.  I have been guilty of saying. "Am I living a life that really matters? Am I fulfilling my mission, it's not being a wife and mother so I say what on earth am I doing for heaven's sake?  My head spins with these questions. I watch time passing like mile markers on the side of the road and find myself thinking "Holy time warps, Batman, when did that happen?"   When did my nieces and nephews grow up? What happened to my dreams? Why am I fifty-one years old and still wondering what life is all about and wondering if I did indeed miss the boat. Have I always been where God wants me? Or is my life the result of someone who was not brave enough to fly higher?

And I  still a ponder.

No comments: