Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day 11 writing challenge : Overwhelmed








Today is too big!
The weight of the world
is too heavy for me to carry.
The voices and demands
of life are crowding in my
head and making
everything feel
so overwhelming!
My heart is suffocating
with the weight
of life's demands.
I can't breath!
I can't think of the past hour
much less the entire day!
Just those very thoughts
are too much and too loud,
and then I feel guilty!
I feel like I am not now
nor will I ever be enough!
Father,
I need your love to fill me.
I need your divine breath to inhale for me
and to exhale over me
so I can feel peace.
Please help me feel the
reverence of the bounty
laid before me.
The blessings of my life are abundant,
I need to feel the joy of that abundance.
Please help me see
that the chaos in my heart
can be quieted.
I need your help
for me to hear the echo
of your voice
speaking peace to my tired, frustrated soul.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful way to end a very hard day....thank you for the words you share