Friday, August 23, 2013

Have You Received His Image in Your Countenance?



August 18-23 Read Alma chapters 1-12:


Am I a conscientious blogger? Verily I say unto you, Nay!! I am sorry. I read but I think about blogging "in a minute" and then it never happens! Please forgive my inconsistent ways! 
In these chapters Alma the younger is the chief judge. He is righteous and preaches as a prophet would concerning the things that are necessary. I was especially drawn to these scriptures;

 "And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts? Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who createdyou? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption raised in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body? I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?"     --Alma 5:14-16
My memory draws me back to singing this song and I share the Lyrics by Janice Kapp Perry here;


With no apparent beauty that man should Him desire,He was the promised Savior to purify with fire.The world despised His plainness But those who followed HimFound love and light and purity; A beauty from within.
(chorus)Have you received His image in your countenance?Does the Light of Christ Shine in your eyes?Will he know you when He comes again because you shall be like Him,When he sees you will the Father know His child?
We seek for light and learning as followers of ChristThat all may see His goodness reflected in our lives.When we receive His fullness and lose desire for sinWe radiate His perfect love, A beauty from within.
The ways of man may tempt us and some will be deceived,Preferring worldly beauty, Forgetting truth received,But whisperings of the Spirit remind us once againThat lasting beauty, pure and clear must come from deep within.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHLoh5LoiJ4&feature=player_detailpage
I seek for light and learning. Some days I am sure I reflect the Savior more than others! My greatest desire is obedience. It is true, whisperings of the spirit remind me always that lasting beauty comes from deep within. And so, every day it is my goal to try a little harder to be a little better!



No comments: